We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Finance Manager to join our dynamic team in London. As the Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing our reporting, forecasting, financial operations and business insights, as well as preparing EMJ for our first Audit. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified professional to join our team, and be part of its next phase of development.
What We Offer
- Join a trusting and supportive environment, where we can speak openly and work closer together.
- Develop your career in Finance in a fast growth organisation, this is a new role in a growing Finance department.
- Lead and manage a team of 2 x Finance professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and direction to ensure accurate financial reporting, effective budget management, timely financial analysis, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop and implement financial strategies, policies, and procedures to optimize the organization's financial performance.
- Conduct financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting to support strategic decision-making.
- Monitor key financial metrics, identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Financial Reporting and Compliance:
- Support FD with year-end processes and deliverables to satisfy first audit, coordinating with external auditors and oversee the annual audit process.
Financial Control :
- Work with the broader Finance, Client Services and Sales teams to build and maintain strong control environment around data and financial information
- Enhance Finance team’s control environment around key month-end processes
- Support Finance team’s analytical capability
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Collaborate with senior management to explain financial performance, and building the link between financial and business performance
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including auditors, and regulatory authorities.
- Communicate financial information effectively to non-financial stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment, promoting teamwork and knowledge sharing.
Project Work :
- Supporting the Finance team’s development by leading and executing projects to enhance data quality, analytics and control.
- Supporting EMJ’s development by leading and participating in cross-functional teams to enhance data quality, management information and decision-making.
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualification is essential.
- Solid experience in finance, with a data focus to Finance Management
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting standards, regulatory requirements, and tax legislation.
- Excellent understanding of financial management principles and practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in other MS Office applications.
- Experience with financial software and ERP systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Reports to: Finance Director /
- Line manager to 2 x Finance Assistants
- Hours: 8.30am – 5pm, Mon-Fri
- Working Pattern: Up to 2 days flexibility to work from home (FT in office during probation)
- Location: This role is based onsite in our London/Moorgate office
EMJ's purpose is to elevate the quality of healthcare globally, by supporting all healthcare professionals with free and easy access to medical journals and lifelong learning opportunities. We do this to create Gold Medal Winners, enabling healthcare professionals to become the best versions of themselves. Similarly we equip our employees with all the skills, tools and knowledge they need to be in the top 10% of what they do and create Gold Medal Winners in the company.
At EMJ, we believe in…
Entire buy in: Everyone has loyalty to our vision, values, culture, and the long-term goals of EMJ. We are committed to doing so in a positive and passionate way.
Taking care of your own: We all need to be proactive and responsible for our own actions. This will lead to an inspiring place to work that we are all proud of.
Going the extra mile: Always give your best performance, this will create a team that is different to anything else, full of hard working, gold medal winners.
Find out more about us and careers at EMJ.
Your CV will be reviewed by the Recruitment team. If successful, we will be in touch to arrange a telephone call. Following this there will be a 2-stage interview process, one focused on competencies and one on the EMJ values.