EMJ is seeking an enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to create and commission content for our journals. This role offers a unique opportunity for those starting or advancing an editorial career within a dynamic organisation. Responsibilities include project managing journals, handling content commissioning, author correspondence and overseeing article peer review.
What We Offer
- Training and development opportunities within the team, helping you become the best version of yourself.
- We offer a trusting and supportive environment, where we can speak openly and work closer together.
- Develop your career in Editorial in a fast growth organisation.
- Manage journal pipelines by ensuring timely processing and publication of content, in-line with the publishing schedule
- Use research skills and medical knowledge to assist in commissioning journal content
- Write journal & newsletter content, including congress reports, interview questions, and news stories
- Oversee the peer review process to help determine the suitability of articles for publication
- Maintain and develop relationships with Editorial Board members and other contributors
- Proof content to ensure compliance with procedures, specifications, and guidelines
- Attend congresses (physical or virtual) across different clinical areas to ensure appropriate reporting around congress key highlights
- Commission and organise webinars and podcasts by working alongside experts in the field, acting as guest liaison
- Produce different formats of content by script writing and audio-visual editing
- Work closely with our Design and Marketing departments to ensure a smooth publication process
- Biomedical Science or Life Science degree
- Excellent writing and English language skills
- Strong IT Skills – MS (Excel and Word)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and dedicated team player
- Ability to learn quickly and manage/prioritise a high-volume workload linked to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to take instruction
- Adheres to company quality standards
- Passionate about medical publishing
- Driven and ambitious individual who has a ‘Gold Medal Winner’ mindset
- Salary: £25,000
- Reports to: Anaya Malik (Editorial Manager)
- Hours: 8.30am – 5pm, Mon-Fri
- Working pattern: Up to 2 days flexibility to work from home (FT in office during probation)
- Location: This role is based onsite in our London/Moorgate office
EMJ's purpose is to elevate the quality of healthcare globally, by supporting all healthcare professionals with free and easy access to medical journals and lifelong learning opportunities. We do this to create Gold Medal Winners, enabling healthcare professionals to become the best versions of themselves. Similarly we equip our employees with all the skills, tools and knowledge they need to be in the top 10% of what they do and create Gold Medal Winners in the company.
At EMJ, we believe in…
- Taking care of your own: We all need to be proactive and responsible for our own actions. This will lead to an inspiring place to work that we are all proud of.
- Going the extra mile: Always give your best performance, this will create a team that is different to anything else, full of hard working, gold medal winners.
- Entire buy in: Everyone has loyalty to our vision, values, culture, and the long-term goals of EMJ. We are committed to doing so in a positive and passionate way.
Find out more about us and careers at EMJ.
Your CV will be reviewed by the Recruitment team. If successful, we will be in touch to arrange a telephone call. Following this there will be a 2-stage interview process, one focused on competencies and one on the EMJ values.