EMJ is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, knowledge, inventiveness, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the company’s achievements.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences and the ways that make our employees unique.
EMJ’s initiatives are applicable, but not limited to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, promotions, transfers, social and recreational programs, and terminations.
In addition, EMJ is committed to the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity.
All employees of EMJ are expected to:
- Always treat others with dignity and respect
- Exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the worksite and at all other company-sponsored and participative events
- Attend and complete annual diversity awareness training to enhance their knowledge to fulfil this responsibility
Any employee that exhibits inappropriate conduct or behaviour against others may be subject to disciplinary action. Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor or HR representative.